Wednesday, June 20, 2007

15 June 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Retrieved youngest sister from JFK and, since she only had one small rolling bag (good job, kid), went right back to my office, which I figured she probably wanted to see anyway. (Also I needed to get an Ed Week off Professor Alpha's table - I'll admit that....) This involved coming out of the West Fourth Street station past the Cage and... a mohawk cop. I looked hard to see whether he was for real or not, and all I can say is "I hope so": that was definitely a large pistol attached to his hip! Then, when we left my building on a quest for the cookie store (which was, inexplicably, still closed), we passed 19 Barrow Street, an apartment building apparently constructed around a central courtyard. The black mesh gate was open, enabling us to see down the low arched hallway of cream-colored stucco to the really lovely garden of a courtyard; red and purple and I don't know what all colors of flowers were visible, and I thought so hard about trotting down the hallway. Sometime maybe I will, but for now it's good to feel like Alice looking through the tiny door she's too tall to pass through!

Continued, on our wide-ranging hunt for some Village-based dessert, back up towards Magnolia, and passed some kind of (I guess) high-fashion men's store - with an ice-cube-filled dog bowl next to the door.

Met Anne and Co. at Grand Central. While we waited for the Co. part of the group to get on the train headed towards his weekend job, we managed to figure out the great arch-whispering secret. It worked, too - pretty cool.

Followed Anne to New Green Bo in Chinatown - awesome - and then across the street to the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory - also awesome. Then we walked back up to Union Square to sit and watch the skateboarders (one of whom Anne knew from school) before finally getting on the train back uptown. (Oh, and somewhere on that walk to Union Square, an old red car otherwise painted like a cow rolled lazily by - and blew its mooing horn.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home