Saturday, June 09, 2007

7 June 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Followed, as is my well-established custom, Professor Alpha. (Maybe I should be Bravo; we'll leave the "Professor" part off.) We went upstairs to hand some paperwork back to Miss E., who noticed that we matched - white shirts and tan pants for both of us. Alpha's shirt was actually cream-colored, and he had on a tan vest, but it was still pretty funny, especially when Alpha responded with, "Well, look at that! And we didn't even call each other to plan it!" The amusing comments didn't last too long, however, at least not from Miss E., who apparently - and I don't blame her, really - cannot talk to one of these guys without going into a good-bye speech. Alpha's interesting, though. While he has no problem getting compliments or even talking about sucky it'll be once he's not here every day, he doesn't seem to like discussing it casually. I don't know what that means in the grand sense, but in this case it meant that his answer went, "Don't worry! Don't worry - I have to come back to talk to [me]... she's not gonna let me get away." (To which I appended, in my "oiliest" voice [with thanks to Maya Angelou], "Yeah, I'm not playing around with that," causing Miss E. to nod protectively - and Alpha to cackle all the way back to the elevator.)

Looked up from lunch in Professor Alpha's office to find that Marisa had arrived to get ready for class. She came and chatted with us for a bit, which Alpha opened by saying his teacher had taught him lots of good things that morning and holding up his iPod. Marisa gathered right away what we were talking about and told him that soon he'd be ready for a Blackberry, which he dismissed with turkey noises I interpreted out loud as an indication that his thumbs are not compatible with such items. Later, this very mildly amusing exchange was amplified a bit. I was attempting, in Alpha's self-identified efforts to become a "techie," to help him text me a picture he'd been texted so I could email it to him etc. etc. In the middle of all this, I got a text from Rebecca, put my phone on the table to type... and realized I was being peered at by an Alpha, who interrupted me with, "Well, I don't know how you type on that thing either... it's not like YOUR hands are so small!" Which is true, and hilarious for the fact that he made such an observation.

Demonstrated for Professor Alpha, somewhere in the middle of all that, how to post documents on Blackboard. He announced that he'd emailed himself some articles he wanted up, so I went to take the hard copies and head back to my desk, but he stopped me by saying he wanted to learn how to do it himself. So I stood over his shoulder and coached him through it - and then concluded with, "Hey! I don't know why I just showed you that!" and a series of cackles when he anticipated my reasoning: "Why, because now I won't need to keep you around? No, no, I need you for content, honey," in an oily voice of his own. I'm not totally sure what that meant, actually, but whatever it is, I'll take it - it'll be my pleasure to provide content for as long as he wants.

Walked to the train to the accompaniment of what seemed to be a high school marching band. Unfortunately, the guys with the buckets drowned them out once we were on the platform, but it was pretty cool up to that point.

Spotted (so to speak) a guy at the coffee shop wearing my bird poop t-shirt, in the same excellent faded green color I had. Har.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home