Saturday, June 02, 2007

30 May 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Listened with both empathy and general interest to Professor Alpha’s description of how the Party Professor and one of her colleagues plan to “restructure” things. Thinking about this right now is making me gag a little, but Alpha seems – reasonably – to have washed his hands of all of it: he sort of tossed the paper to the desk, leaned toward me, announced that it didn’t particularly matter to him any more, and added, “At one point I would have said I should just relax and enjoy it, but you can’t say that any more because it’s sexist.” HA! (Which is a pretty faithful transcript of my response, although something like, “Hey, I don’t mind getting directions like that” would have been a lot cooler!)

Noticed that Professor Alpha’s council ID number is remarkably – really strangely – close to my own second-through-twelfth-grade student ID number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home