Saturday, June 09, 2007

8 June 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Made my way down to Brooklyn to turn in my substitute-teaching application. (Yecch, but it's the fastest way to get my fingerprints done.) Anyway, I signed in below a small crowd of people - one with a good Italian name, one with a very Indian name, one with an obviously Dutch name... and one whose first name has been on the "top-ten" list lots of times and whose last name was "Bland." Har.

Waited to get photographed for my ID - that should be a nice one - and noticed not fewer than four signs indicating that applications should be deposited in "the wooden box." Apparently, however, that descriptor was not enough; the wooden box itself was labeled, on such a large sheet of paper that its woodenness was mostly obscured, "WOODEN BOX." Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home