Tuesday, June 19, 2007

14 June 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Started the day with a series of interesting sensory inputs. (Is that a word?) First, in the gym I saw that lady who looks from certain angles so much like my grandmother that when I saw her sitting outside awhile back I had actually taken a picture of her. Then, I think when I was on the subway, my iPod served up "Standing Outside the Fire" and then "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now." Interesting.

Talked with the lovely Allan, who asked me to be one of his outside readers (!) This was nice, but the particularly funny part was that I really had been thinking of him when I was teaching; someone asked a question for which I had a potentially much longer answer than was necessary or even desired, but I had to stop and think very consciously about whether what I could have said should have been said. (It turns out the answer is, probably not, which I think I figured out in time: an important skill.) Anyway, I mentioned this new and faintly bemusing dilemma to Allan, whose response consisted first of a snort and then of, "Yep, you're a doc student!" This was not something I didn't already know, of course, but hearing it that way was kind of like finding out I'd been admitted to some sort of club I've always admired - so thanks, Allan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home