Sunday, September 10, 2006

10 Sep 06

Time:

Don't know, don't know, don't know. I think this section is not terribly useful - or interesting - unless I'm trying some new and exciting form or direction of transportation. Originally I'd hoped to sort of average out trip times, but I haven't had to benefit from that yet, since I build huge amounts of leeway into my schedule left, right, and center. (Of course, the problem is that when I DO need a decent estimate, I won't be able to come up with one. Hmm.)

Money:

$8, fava bean-and-egg hummus, The Hummus Place (okay, they're starting to recognize me, which is how I was led into the fava bean thing. But I can't help it - it's cheap and really, really good.)
$5, Nutella crepe from Crepe Creations.

More interesting things:

Walking across WSq, spotted a pretty little boy with fluffy, spiky white hair. I told Ben I really hoped the kid's name was Dandelion, because that is definitely what he looked like.

Saw an old-school red Chevy bopping down Macdougal. It contained a driver and two heavily made-up middle-aged women (the visitors, presumably) and sported a sign on the door reading "New York Fun Tours." I'd never seen a tourist operation quite like that before.

Admired a sign in Bleecker Bob's Records admonishing promoters etc. to leave their flyers in a neat pile, otherwise "it's going to make me mad and I'll throw yer shit out." (Signed, Bob, is what I suppose it could have said at the bottom.)

Spotted a hard-core biker Schnauzer in front of the law school. He was in his little milk crate, tied carefully to the back of his human's moped, and wore one of those leather helmet-like things. You could tell he really enjoyed the whole thing.

Saw a guy in a "Port Seniors" shirt at the gym... it's a whole six-degrees-of-high-school-separation game in that place.

Recognized one of my classmates - not English, but education - on the train on the way home. I don't think he knew who I was, but I'll see if I can figure it out on Wednesday.

More interesting things I haven't done yet:

Gone to Press Toast, across from the famous hummus store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home