Sunday, September 10, 2006

9 Sep 06

Time:

Not sure exactly, but from home to the Gator bar was a MUCH shorter bus trip - maybe 20 minutes, including walking - than I'd expected.

Money:

$26, drinks and wings at the Gin Mill, dinner at Fred's.

More interesting things:

Traipsed over a pastel-chalk hopscotch board on my way to the bar.

Found the place in part because there was an orange-and-blue flag over the door... and LOTS more orange-and-blue stuff inside.

Had an outstanding time watching a 42-0 whipping of UCF.

Learned that Fred is the name not of a weird bald guy who decided to open a diner (as I thought when I first passed the restaurant) but instead of a black (female!) Labrador retriever guide dog. When we first walked in, I WAS kind of wondering about all the dog pictures everywhere, but the front of the menu cleared the whole thing up. Plus, as befits a place named after a carnivore, the burger was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home