Friday, September 14, 2007

14 Sep 07

7 Sep

Passed a van with a license plate holder that said "Schultz Ford."

Linked to a review from Inside Higher Ed that described a cool new book about admissions officers and discovered that it had been written by one of my professors; decided to buy it, double-checked the title, and realized that I already had - at the school bookstore, for one of my other classes.

9 Sep

Got, for the last service before September 11th, the only hymn (?) I can really sing along to: Amazing Grace.

Spotted, on my trip back (I left early because Kevin had to go to a christening), the conductor who lets the kids honk the horn.

12 Sep

Made a deposit at the bank with the help of a guy named Junior Cadet, which sounds a lot more like a title I once held myself than the name of a bank teller.

Sneezed as I walked up Second Avenue with Anne in search of some dinner and got two "bless yous" - one from her, one from a guy crossing the street at the same time.

13 Sep

Watched a lady gallop from the turnstile at Astor Place to the train, the doors of which had just closed but which the conductor opened again quickly, presumably to let her on. She flashed him a big grin and a thumbs-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home