Thursday, September 06, 2007

1 Sep 07

Time:

?

Money:

?, planes, trains, and automobiles. (Okay, well, trains and automobiles, anyway.)
?, pedicure, whatever the name of that place by Anne's is.
?, dinner, Mundo.
?, some more trains, Grand Central (duh.)

More interesting things:

Rode back south wedged gratefully into a seat that happened to be near the motorman's booth. He went around collecting the little kids from our car and led them back so they could honk the horn, which made both me and the smoked-up guy next to me laugh; I really started laughing when the conductor looked over at me with, "Don't tell me YOU want to give it a try" - and believe me when I say that he was saved from a more honest answer than he might have been looking for by the arrival of a stray rugrat.

Enjoyed quite thoroughly a day of pedicures (!), the park, and an Astoria-related feeding time. Happy birthday, Anne!

Caught a cab for Grand Central (yes, again) which was driven by a woman. This is only the second time that's happened since I've been here (and probably in my life), making it worth recording alongside the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed my return to the southern New England region; the kiss and the nail-polish-inspired admiration with which I was greeted did a lot to cancel out the slight anxiety that had built up earlier upon waking up from my doze to find that the train was a) not at a station and b) not able to start moving forward. Oy - but I made it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home