Sunday, July 01, 2007

25 June 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Agreed with the department chair that things had had "a happy ending," which he observed when in responding to Professor Alpha's booming summons he found that I was sitting there, too. I mentioned that I planned to frame my copy of the committee letter, at which the point the chair sort of laughed in that weirdly tremulous, non-committal way he has and noted that so far things had gone well; just one person so far had been told "no." Here Alpha's eyebrows went up, the chair went back, and he growled, "Yesss... well, we TOLD J. to seek Professor R.'s advice, but she didn't do it in time - and you should never ignore advice from Professor R." Ha, ha, and more ha - the association of my name with this "professor" word is pure insanity.

Rode back uptown headed for a quick dinner at Jack Russell's (that would be 12 dollars for up there, I guess) and got a series of songs that seemed particularly well-timed. First, in the middle of my examination of my class ring we had the We Are the Boys March. Then, I think, it was Miami 2017 or something similarly New-Yorkish. Then I got Spirit in the Sky and Hey Jude, neither of which seemed unusually fitting, but when in coming above ground I thought about my timing needs for the next two years to the accompaniment of Pomp and Circumstance, I figured they'd all been appropriate somehow. So I called my mom, and sure enough she had tried my number earlier, leaving just Norman Greenbaum to be explained; later on, I talked with my dad and was reminded that it was my uncle's birthday. Hi, Uncle Billy.

Read my nippers' journals and found that one had quoted me to myself, if you can believe THAT shiz-nit. It was something about playing with the future, and that I made teaching sound like a cool job. Hot damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home