Saturday, June 23, 2007

22 June 07

Time:

?

Money:

$0, since even though my grandparents are, in fact, the "guesty-guests" (which I pointed out over a check-related chocolate strawberry), they are also the ones initiating the party. Thanks, GPs.
$40, wine and cheese with Rebecca, Uva.

More interesting things:

Missed, once again, a morning trip to the gym, and compounded it by not making it to the office, either. I did, however, get off the phone in enough time to take a shower and blow into the hotel lobby on a white-toothed, purple-Poloed, broad-shouldered gust, five minutes ahead of the appointed hour. We went to MoMA, which was great - it's always fun to see the paintings you've known about since second grade, and there was a surprisingly down-to-earth balance of admiration and mockery on display from the more vocal of the other two visitors. The whole thing was heightened even further by the necessity of checking my text messages while making sure no curious transplanted Floridian was looking over my shoulder.

Left the GPs at their hotel, flew back to my apartment to change, and cabbed it (sorry, Grandma) back downtown to make a 5:30 reservation at... the Russian Tea Room. Yes. And outstanding. Most of the outstandingness had to do with duck bits and caviar that actually tasted good, but that it is situated next to an office building (Carnegie Hall Tower) with a poster advertising the building as, in quotes, "Between the Moon and New York City" and featured a red leather banquette at which my grandfather approved of my unreasonable-for-most two-year plan by announcing, "I'm wit' ya all the way!" should not be discounted.

Enjoyed enough wine to get goofy even though I'd been inoculated with a glass at dinner. Excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home