Tuesday, March 27, 2007

27 Mar 07

Time:

?

Money:

$8, regular lunch, regular place.
$I don't actually know how much, but I don't think it was a whole lot, Quizno's in the dorm.

More interesting things:

Noticed a sign heralding the arrival of Spring which is I think pretty much peculiar to my corner: the book sale lady has returned.

Found Annette in Professor Number Seven's office as I walked past on my way to my desk, so I stopped in to say "hi"; she noticed immediately - I mean, right away - my choice of Topsiders and announced in a happy voice, "Spring shooooooes!" This cracked me up partly because she was so excited, but mostly because: I had thought exactly the same thing as I rifled around behind the AC unit resting in my closet to find appropriate shoes - and was just as excited as Annette to pick something sockless.

Answered our floor's secretary in what appeared to be not a joke of a question: "Are you teaching Professor Alpha's class tomorrow?" Ha! (That's an "awesome" ha, incidentally.)

Zipped upstairs to see Professor Number One after the secretary finished the rest of her comments to me with, "Number One would like you to call her." She handed me a letter from a Florida school that shall remain unnamed (but which would in fact probably be a nice place for a graduate of ours to end up) and asked me to give it to Professor Alpha, but the really nice part came when she trilled, "I missed you!" Hey, me too, Number One - I'll come visit more.

Got one of the coolest comments a teacher could ever hope to get unsolicited today. We'd been talking about Kozol and all that, and as she got ready to leave, one student announced that she "learned a LOT today." That is some outstanding stuff right there, and for better or for worse, such comments never fail to surprise me. It's like, somehow I guessed the right combination of... things. There's a lot to guess, so maybe that's why it's surprising. In any case, it was a lovely thing to hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home