Thursday, March 22, 2007

22 Mar 07

Time:

The most hours I've spent out of the house since returning to the city - and I still feel quite good, which is lovely.

Money:

$6, big ol' smoothie for breakfast, Jamba Juice on the way to the train.
$6, some sort of Chinese-ish food - oh, it was pad thai - from the lunch place.
$3, bottle of Frappuccino, lunch place.
$36, an interesting version of a Caprese salad, prosciut' pizza, and some sort of gelato thingy, Otto.

More interesting things:

Remembered something from... yesterday, I think. F. Hardy had come in to talk with Professor Alpha as I was sitting at his computer typing again when the phone rang. Alpha gestured to indicate that I should pick it up, so I did, and became embroiled a little too extensively for own taste in a conversation about the specifics of the year-long master's. In the end, the caller promised to ring again, and Alpha congratulated me on not causing him to have to talk. A few minutes later, F. Hardy had left and the phone rang again. This time, Alpha heaved himself up, leaned across me to answer the call, wrapped up quickly... and handed the phone to me! The secretary wanted to know if I was teaching in the conference room. When I hung up, of course, I thanked Alpha for answering the phone for me; his response was to remind me that it was only fair, since I had saved him earlier.

Enjoyed the first really spring-ish day so far. It even smelled like spring as I left the restaurant after dinner. I never thought I'd be excited to see the arrival of a day suggestive of short-sleeved shirts, but there we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home