Thursday, March 01, 2007

1 Mar 07

Time:

?

Money:

$5, regular breakfast, red place.
$8, regular lunch, regular place.
$8, milk and blueberries and yogurt for my dinner, the nice market up the street.

More interesting things:

Attempted to go to a "supes'" meeting in the big conference room but got chased upstairs by Professor Bravo's presentation; the important part is that after I helped Professor Alpha (kind of) straighten out the tables in the first room and before we found out we had to leave, Alpha plunked himself down in the chair right next to me, and I wasn't even sitting at the "head" table.

Returned from a good, full class period to find a cup of coffee just being placed on my desk. Marisa and Professor Alpha had gone across the street for some "drugs" and brought some back for me as well, which I thought was very nice - and I particularly liked the fact that they appeared to have split the bill, as each announced that the other had been kind enough to buy me half a cup of coffee!

Walked past a sign, I think on my way to the train from rock climbing at Coles, painted in pretty colors and stuck to a street sign post: "Humans Die In Wars." Very true, unfortunately, but I like the irony of the pleasant greens and fuchsias it was painted in.

Sat on the train coming home next to a man consuming one of the world's great combinations, even if half of it isn't my particular favorite: a box of Dots and the New Yorker.

Zipped my iPod past a far larger number of songs than I usually feel inclined to skip and got, for my impatience, "Still Crazy After All These Years," which Professor Alpha had come up the hall saying - not singing - earlier in the day, sparking my comment that it was a terrific song and the response that "Yes, it's one of the greats... especially because it's true."

Enjoyed another pleasant turn of the radio (or whatever) as I lifted through one of my last days at the gym near my house. I was in the middle of some planks when "Float On" - my original gym song, dontcha know - came on.

Continued the funny gym stuff when Bear called me back (I had thought to call him after seeing his name just below my roommate's in my contact list) with the news that he'd been thinking about me today (maybe) and that it's his birthday (much more likely)! I was already glad I'd called him, of course, but this made it that much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home