Monday, February 19, 2007

18 Feb 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Noticed, thanks to Roey's indulgence of my weird subway interests, that the conductor had opened his door and appeared to be just kind of hanging out. He closed the door again to handle our stop somewhere between here and Union Square, but returned shortly thereafter, this time with a cell phone plan brochure he examined carefully. I couldn't quite figure out what motivated him to keep popping out like that, but, you know... I'm always glad for the company, I guess!

Enjoyed a lovely brunch at Blue Water Grill with the whole gang: Anne and her husband, Roey, Rebecca, and my sister. I was sorry they (minus the underage) ended up with watery drinks, but they should have ordered Bellinis: mine was great.

Made our way down to the Brooklyn Museum, which was very cool even WITHOUT the freaking Dinner Party I had ventured into a whole 'nother BOROUGH to see, and came back via a LONG ride on the 2; for all the minutes involved there, however, at least I got to a) take a small nap and b) sit next to someone cool enough to read a John Cheever book.

Ventured (speaking of that) to a... SUSHI place with Anne, her husband, and my sister, and was pleasantly and highly surprised to find that I really liked it. Even without the sake, this will have to become a regular part of my week, I think: reasonably healthy chow with tons of protein and good fish fat for not too much money - hard to argue with.

Ate more (because clearly we hadn't had enough yet) at the cafe on top of Fairway Market, which is always a cool place anyway. After that - and by "that" I mean creme brulee of a diameter that verged on obscene along with apple tart and chocolate something-or-other - we finally made our weary, distended way home. Chow champs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home