Monday, March 05, 2007

4 Mar 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Realized that although there are lots of things, both small and grand, that can make you feel like a New Yorker, somewhere high on the list is the experience of standing in line - as I did - at a nice vegetable market listening to the classical music the shopkeepers had on. I don't think too many 7-11's worry a whole lot about Bach.

Ran, on my way down Bleecker towards Rebecca's, into the lady who ran the observation protocol training with Professor Number Six the other day and was glad that we both reacted quickly enough to get out a friendly "Hi!" even as we kept walking.

Ate brunch at the Grey Dog Cafe, which I like even more now that I've sat there for awhile than I did after the coffee (well, chai) stop I'd made there with Anne and Jenn back in the early part of last semester. First of all, their menu advertises that the turkey pot pie is served with a "cute salad" (Professor Alpha, anyone?), and second, their restroom has a fire hydrant painted on the front of the door and inside is plastered exclusively with dog paintings - except for the one patch covered by a large framed photo of Willie Nelson. (And on top of all that, it's just a cool place - dogs, nautical stuff, and a nice cozy air. Oh, and we sat at a table with a map of Michigan, reminding me, of course, of that great Hem song.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home