Sunday, December 10, 2006

4 Dec 06

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Made, in perfect time, the switch from the express to the local. I love when that happens.

Felt like I was in some kind of train race, because - unusually, it seems - the aforementioned express and local left Union Square at the same time, which cannot do anything less (for me, anyway) than make you think you're on your way to some kind of finish line.

Heard White Christmas come on at that campus food place as I was eating breakfast. Hi, Grandma.

Spotted a Gator hat - of the especially bright orange-and-blue variety - on the head of someone walking past... Pless, I think it was.

Watched as the Tea and Sympathy car (which is also the A Salt and Battery car, incidentally) rolled by on Greene Street. It's exactly the old black wagon you should expect, and it even had the driver on the right.

Went to the school symphony's last performance of the year with Rebecca. We only stayed for half - which was especially reasonable since I was falling asleep by the end! - but it was really terrific. I don't know if somehow I absorbed that the title of the first one came from a poem about the afternoon of the faun without noticing it, but as I listened I had a picture of some creature gambolling along through, like, a forest or something, down a winding path, before getting to a place that was strange and dream-like even though it was exactly where he was supposed to (and wanted to) be; it was pretty crazy to look at the title after all that. Then there were two extremely well done short animated films, one about a boy who's scared to go to sleep because of the things in his room that might turn into monsters and another about a figure in a Picasso-esque painting who tries to relax in other people's pictures, both so perfectly scored that I couldn't decide whether to close my eyes and get the mood just from the music, watch the film and listen, or watch the musicians and listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home