Wednesday, November 29, 2006

28 Nov 06

Time:

Left apartment (having forgotten my phone... duh) 702, arr gym 725.

Money:

$4, yogurt and coffee, Cafe University (that's what the red place on the corner is called.)
$11, an okay Fontina-and-mushroom sandwich, 'Wichcraft.
$8, macchiato, fruit, and yogurt, campus Starbucks.
$12, drunken noodles (again), Galanga
$4, coffee and granola bar, Think.

More interesting things:

Learned that my desk is in fact my desk, and that at least to a small extent Professor Alpha is looking forward to my colonization thereof, because then "we'll be able to, you know, hang out!"

Saw a silver-and-black lamp on the East guard's desk that was very obviously the non-clip version of that one I had in college all those years.

Had a very interesting discussion regarding "roadmaps" with Professors Number One and Five; Five said I was a loudmouth, One said I was very well-behaved, and Five came back with "She must be scared of you!", at which point I jumped in with the comment that Professor Number One is indeed "rough and tough." It didn't occur to me right away that this is kind of an Army term and that normal people don't necessarily know what it means, so I followed Number One down the hall to her office to explain, with a lot of laughing, that it was 100% complimentary. I stuck with her until just before class, when we trooped downstairs together and shared a laugh once again when someone used the word "tough" during a presentation. I don't know who's taking over when she's gone, but whoever it is has some impressive shoes to fill.

Heard that on being asked about the course for the Spring, Professor Alpha replied that I would be sending an email because I "take care" of him. All I can say there is, damn skippy and I still barely believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home