Monday, November 27, 2006

26 Nov 06

Time:

?

Money:

$12, an excellent brunch, Craft Bar.
$4, mocha, campus Starbucks.
$20, a good burger and some slightly weird barbecue wings, Dewey's Flatiron.
$6, cappuccino all'Amaretto and cannoli, Caffe Dante.

More interesting things:

Decided that, for some reason, the weather was summery somehow. It might have been because even the breeze seemed mild - not warm, but not cutting, I guess - or it might have been something else. But it was definitely not autumnal.

Met two Scottish Deerhounds so enormous I thought they were Irish Wolfhounds at first. Their person informed me that they were just nine months old (!), and let me pet them at length. (Not that she would have had an easy time doing anything else once they had decided that's what they wanted to do; she was barely taller than them herself.)

Found myself - and my various compatriots - somewhat transfixed by a gamma board featuring weird poetry lines (or something) lit up white. Someone suggested that it must be a publisher's building, at which point I realized the symbol in the terrazzo did indeed look familiar, but it was kind of hard to think about that when I felt like reading the next line that would pop up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home