Sunday, November 19, 2006

18 Nov 06

Time:

?

Money:

$14, half a great pastrami sandwich, matzo ball soup, and half a piece of coconut cake, Katz's.
$more than that, beverages, Peculier Pub.
$14, cab ride home (!)

More interesting things:

Rode a very crowded train down to the Village to meet Anne at Katz's. Two youngish guys - older than college students, but not by much, maybe - got on with a bag containing two six-packs and included me a couple of times in their conversation, most notably when a) they joked about the Jheri curl on a greasily ringleted guy and b) one offered me his half-full can. This didn't come out of nowhere; he had apologized for bumping into me a little at an abrupt stop, so I told him "You're cool, you guys have beer...", whereupon he told me he really didn't want to have to throw it away when he got off the train. I didn't take it, of course, which was probably good for a variety of reasons, but I appreciated the offer.

Noted also that if I rode the Friday afternoon school bus yesterday, this was the Saturday night version: fully three-quarters of the reason the car was so packed had to do with people under the age of eighteen. Where they were going and what they were planning to do when they got there, I have no idea - but I'm glad you need an ID to get into the pub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home