Monday, November 13, 2006

13 Nov 06

Time:

?

Money:

$3, pet food, gym store.
$3, more pet food (I only ate half of what I usually get in the morning), Campus Eatery.

More interesting things:

Walked for a few minutes behind a mom and her cat daughter. Well, her cat-eared daughter, anyway; the kid had one of those headband-type things with fluffy leopard-print triangles poking off the top, which I admired because that's really only a couple of steps away from wearing one's mink tail to lunch in Pennsylvania.

Got a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in organization after printing out and responding to our emails to the student-teachers. It didn't take very long, but just knowing that this is a real (if basic) form of genu-ine data collection for a paper that might actually get written, that I did it without signing anyone's daily check-in sheet, and that this is the kind of thing they're actually going to pay me to do for the rest of my life (God willing and the creek don't rise) is enough to make my day all by itself.

Went to a RefWorks class in which I learned that one or another of those databases contains exactly 352 references to eggs (not alligator eggs, necessarily), and heard, much to my amazement, that "there are an infinite number of numbers" for my sources to be organized by. I mean, I realize that the instructor only meant that the program doesn't cut you off or start repeating itself at some point (which, I believe she was quite right to say, could be disastrous for organizing purposes), but... come on. Infinite numbers? A good update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home