Sunday, November 05, 2006

5 Nov 06

Time:

?

Money:

$7, Sticky Toffee Pudding ice cream and some Diet Pepsi, Gristede's.

More interesting things:

Spotted, as Ben and I left for the store, a "Media Mail" envelope with someone's EBay order inside; it had come from Sanford, FL, which is a turn-around since on several occasions people at my house bought stuff coming from HERE and going, obviously, down THERE. Kind of weird to think that that package came almost as far as I did. And then, once we were actually on the avenue, the first car I saw had a Florida plate.

Eavesdropped on a dad with his maybe three-year-old son in a stroller, making their way down the soup aisle. The kid was holding onto the basket and said something - I missed what, unfortunately - that caused the dad to respond with, "Next we have to get the peanut butter crackers. I'm not confident that they will have the right kind, but we'll look." On the other hand, I AM confident that that kid will do pretty well on his SAT someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home