Wednesday, December 20, 2006

19 Dec 06

Time:

?

Money:

$5, red place breakfast.
$10, the best prosciutto sandwich I've had yet, Pane e Cioccolate.

More interesting things:

Walked past someone who was working to improve the image of his streetside business selling cigar boxes by... drying the sidewalk. Like, with paper towels. You have got to admire the dedication.

Realized, as I sat waiting for my lunch bundled in black coat and purple sweatshirt, that although I don't think I have worn the sweatshirt in question to sit in Washington Square Park as I had sort of imagined I would, I HAD come to the familiar, almost proprietary ease that was really the central feature of that daydream. Happens fast.

Decided that I may in fact have to stay in this city long enough to collect a real salary. Professor Bravo's apartment wasn't huge, but he had an office, a normal-people stove, and a dishwasher (!) - plus it was really very nice - so that's something I'm going to have to try for.

Chalked another one up for the New Yorkers ARE Polite Campaign, although I thought for a minute it was headed in the other direction. I got on the... E? headed for Columbus Circle and got stuck standing because this guy was sleeping all over two entire benches. Then I guess a bump or something woke him up, at which point he apologized profusely and even dusted off the seat where his foot had been so I could sit down.

Enjoyed very much the Messiah Sing-In at Avery Fisher with Ben. Next time, I'll make sure to get a copy of the whole thing - and practice beforehand - but for this go-round it was enough to look over the shoulder of the lady standing next to me... particularly as it gave me a chance to see the name labelled on the front of her copy: Rabinowitz. (Oh, and for reference in about the first week of December next year: it's best to get the Watkins Shaw printing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home