Friday, December 15, 2006

14 Dec 06

Time:

?

Money:

$5, protein bar, muffin, and coffee, the red place.
$8, yogurt and protein bar, Space Market.
$9, chicken sukiyaki sandwich, Dojo.
$9, mocha and muffin, Esperanto Cafe.

More interesting things:

Noticed that even if they aren't in fact the same person, the overly concerned looking female model in the Bose headphones ad and the overly concerned looking female model in the "Jobs Ireland" ad have precisely the same weirdly serious expression on their faces.

Found myself in the middle of what Anne called the "social corner," an important geographical feature of which happens to be my desk. People were in a good mood, and the highlight of the proof thereof came when Professor Alpha stood collecting the paper clips I was removing from a recycle pile, walked back into his office, sort of wandered out semi-purposefully back towards me, stopped, and answered my question about whether he needed me to do something with, "No, no... I'm just glad you're out here now, and we can, you know, hang out like this. It's really nice." Needless to say, a) I laughed and b) I agreed, but I don't think he knows just how much I agree.

Walked down to the Bleecker Street station - with a pleasant sense of familiarity, incidentally - past my favorite beverage site and an Afro-sporting, mustache-wearing transvestite. Then, on the ride home, Roey and I were treated to the best "homeless people debate," as he described it, that either of us had ever heard: it involved many grand and philosophical pronouncements from a guy at one end of the car, rebuffed weakly but amusingly with uh-huh's and the bug-eye/pursed-lip combination from another guy holding a cold pizza. We considered riding until they were finished, but we decided they probably weren't getting off at 86th and jumped off there instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home