Thursday, December 14, 2006

13 Dec 06

Time:

?

Money:

$3, egg-white sandwich and coffee, Cafe University (I'm going to start calling it "the red place," because that's shorter.)
$12, tomato sandwich and yogurt, Space Market.
$4, maple macchiato and biscotto, Broadway Starbucks.
$19, this mushroom dinner, Cafetasia.

More interesting things:

Looked in the garage of the Fire Department building right behind the gym - the door was open, obviously - where the firefighters had hung all kinds of wreaths and lights and things; the trucks just looked like two more enormous, brilliant red decorations.

Walked past the Reservoir bar on University Place, which is also all decked out: garland, wreaths, lights, you name it. Now that I think of it, I feel like I've heard that name before, and as best I can recall it was associated with something good, so I'm going to have to try it, but I would have gone anyway just for the festive look.

Spotted a lady on the corner of 8th and University who I saw on the train yesterday or the day before. My commuter-matching skills are getting better, though; she had on not a garish Mets yarmulke to identify her as someone I'd seen before but a black coat with an unusual square silver buttonhole at the top.

Looked out the window in the bathroom on my floor at school and noticed that no matter what time of day (or year) you look, it seems to be autumn in that alley. Some people would probably take that as a dismal view, what with the dim and the dinge, but I like it, especially because as I have noted repeatedly, I have chosen a life where the year's cycle really starts in September, not April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home