Wednesday, December 20, 2006

18 Dec 06

Time:

?

Money:

? (I give up.)

More interesting things:

Saw a young woman knitting something on the subway. The interesting part was the yarn: it was pale spring green with chunky little flecks of, like, mulch brown. That sounds terrible, but it was so cool because it looked like moss and soil.

Spotted a bullmastiff and a tricolor Aussie walking past the red place.

Decided that even though it wasn't really very cold, this was the first time it looked like winter. Actually, what it looked like was (for some personal-historical reason) Garden City, under a low gray sky. I think that's the kind of thing people get quite tired of, but it's only been once so far and I like it in any case.

Talked to Professor Number Four at length, collecting a sizable stack of books in the process. I don't know if Professor Number Five told him what I had said about how their personalities compare - I hope not, but anyway - but I certainly got an earful today, which I appreciated. I don't think he knows how seriously I take suggestions about psychology books from older, silvery-blond-headed Brooklynites, but since I'll be able to "pass the George Kelly test" upon my return, maybe he'll get the picture. And on top of that, he reminds me very much of Grandpa, which I told him. (The interesting coincidence of initials didn't occur to me until I had left.) Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed harassing him/being harassed, so that was a nice close to our discussions for the semester.

Saw a Gator sweatshirt in Pless. (It was on someone's back, not lounging around by itself.)

Turned in my lit review - hooray! - with the caveat to Professor Number Three that although I'd had fun writing it, I wasn't at all sure that I had done it correctly, a statement I represented physically by holding the paper at arm's length from my fingertips as though it smelled funny. Number Three first admonished, laughingly, "Don't hold it like that!" and then added that she would try to offer some nice "formative" comments and that she always enjoys reading my writing anyway, which was a very nice compliment.

Survived, for the benefit of said lit review, my first legitimate all-nighter as a "doc stu."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home