Monday, December 18, 2006

15 Dec 06

Time:

?

Money:

Well, I don't know, but it involved Caffe Buon Gusto, Mustangs, and probably some other things too.

More interesting things:

Heard from Professor Number Five that the reason Professor Number Four is less forthcoming in terms of personality is that "he's not Jewish, dear." When I responded to that first by cackling loudly and second by reminding her that I'm not, either, I was honored (I think) with "Yes, you are, dear, you are."

Hopped on a rush-hour-ish train in back up from school, where at Grand Central someone was obviously quite irritated about not making it through before the doors closed and chose to express this irritation by slamming angrily on the windows. I laughed and said out loud that I'd never seen anything like it, which caused the guy standing in front of me to announce, "Only in New York!" True, I guess, and only partly because most cities don't have subways.

Booked it in the direction of the restaurant - which turned out to be exceptionally cool, incidentally - and past the windows of, I think, that Eli Zabar place, featuring a lovely and fairly elaborate gingerbread scene I'll have to get a picture of before I head home for break.

Spotted once again the green Mini sporting the uncannily accurate "I FIT" license plates.

Spotted, for the first time, none other than Rudy Giuliani himself, as we were on our way to Mustangs. He (and Judith, I guess; it's weird to think that I know her name even though I wouldn't recognize her) was leaving a restaurant or a bar or something just a little south of where we were going, jumping into a large black SUV that a bodyguard (or something) had idling near the curb. I really, really would have liked to say something, and I guess I did, but it was limited to "Gasp!" and the sound of me grabbing Brenan's jacket in disbelief. We stood there for a minute inhaling his cigar smoke, his bodyguard opened the driver's side door, he hopped in, and they were gone. Unbelievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home