Friday, October 06, 2006

4 Oct 06

Time:

?

Money:

For the first time, I can't remember, which is irritating. I know I bought coffee at Oren's, and I'm pretty sure that was the day I had a salad at All About Food, but... next time I think it might be awhile before I post, I'm going to note this stuff too.

Oh, wait - this was also the night we went to Vanessa's Dumplings again, so that would have been like six bucks, I think.

More interesting things:

Bench-pressed for the benefit of my pectoral muscles; brain-pressed for the benefit of my... well, brain. Having finished up in the weight room and slouched my way down to the cardio room for a walk on the treadmill, I started looking at what probably wouldn't be all that complicated an article if I were, say, an ECONOMIST. That's who this thing was written by and for, but I did the best I could (which turned out to be not too bad, actually) and had fun for all the intellectual hefting.

Walked past a guy with blond hair as I left the gym. This wouldn't have been too fascinating, really, except for a few other characteristics: a) the guy happened to be black, b) he had a moustache, c) it was LONG blond hair, and d) the hair had a tiara in it. So really, in the interest of accuracy and to do justice to what seem to have been his aims, I should say it was long blonde hair. I think this is excellent, and further proof that as fab as John Cougar Mellencamp is, he was completely full of it when he sang about a SMALL town being a place where people let you be what you want to be.

Spent a few dollars at Oren's, but was glad when someone else didn't have to. A customer ordered an iced coffee and neglected to mention that he didn't want any milk; on being presented with a cup filled tan rather than dark brown, he handed it back and waited for a new one, which he got quickly. The coffee-with-milk sat on the counter for just a minute, until the manager (owner? whatever) picked it up and raised his voice in the direction of the line, which by now was out the door: "Anybody want a free iced coffee?" A young woman (if I were being rude, I'd probably describe her appearance as sorority-type) answered yes and claimed her drink, announcing her good fortune to whoever had his ear attached to the other end of her cell phone. That this place chose to suck it up in the face of losing a couple bucks and not add to it by wasting coffee pleases me; that I think the same would have been done at the campus Starbucks or Think or probably most of the other places around here makes me even happier.

Raised my own voice during Professor Number Two's class in order to help with the discussion-leading thing Anne, Kevin, and I volunteered for and had more than one person - Professor Number Two included - comment on my "teacher voice." That, really, is a compliment I can get with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home