Tuesday, October 03, 2006

3 Oct 06

Time:

?

Money:

$5, basketball shorts at the gym.
$10, coffee and oatmeal, Think.
$7, hummus and (free) coffee, The Hummus Place (obviously.)
$20, enchiladas I didn't finish and two margaritas I did, Caliente Cab Co. (And that is it for that place; I'm all about red meat but I don't look for it in the shape of an insect in my friend's dinner.)

More interesting things:

Passed a guy who looked like a cross between LTC in full Ranger-get-up (camouflage from head to toe) and a samurai warrior (hat that looked like a lampshade) as I left the gym. I'm pretty sure he was going for looks, in which case he was highly successful, but beyond that I'm not at all certain what he was after. Maybe looks was enough.

Semi-enjoyed my oatmeal breakfast; fully enjoyed the chalkboard sign outside. It advertised that Cats tickets and a half-melted toy fire truck were among the items in its lost-and-found, while its other side proclaimed that the coffeehouse's most frequent guests included "the brother from Fresh Prince" and... Max Planck. Maybe if I hang out there often enough he'll explain his constant, which would be good because that was definitely one part of astronomy I don't think I ever quite got.

Waited for Dumpling Anne outside the Cage - that is to say, the W. 4th Street basketball (and handball, I now realize) courts. Those guys are crazy, and it is really fun to watch them, even if I had to step back into the shade of the subway elevator in order to protect myself from the 80 degrees we had today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home