Wednesday, September 27, 2006

27 Sep 06

Time:

Started lifting (chest day) 1040, finished 1126.

Left locker for shower 1234, back at locker ready to leave 1258.

(And I know how fascinating this is for those of you who are not directly invested in the timing of my gym visits... of course, that would be everyone but me.)

Money:

$12, Mountain Dew, fruit salad, and Caprese salad sandwich, Space Market.
$4, pre-class caramel macchiato, Broadway Starbucks.
$6, eight chicken-and-mushroom dumplings (they were good) and soda, Vanessa's Dumplings.
$1, peach to chop up for my breakfast tomorrow, Annie's.

More interesting things:

Incline-pressed next to a girl wearing precisely the same sneakers as I had on - they were even from the same, like, season (the electric blue season, I guess.) She had noticed it too.

Smith-benched next to a guy wearing a Gator shirt of the variety that usually indicates the wearer actually went there rather than rooted for us on TV: it said Alltel on the back, which, along with blood donor, Gallop, and Greek shirts means you probably did something in Gainesville to get it. He was very nice, and told me he got a marketing degree there in 2005 and was now in dental school (!). Forget transitional schools, forget genre identification... I'm distributing a census and counting alligators.

Waltzed inattentively across... Fourth Avenue I think it was, and very nearly tripped on a big fluffy husky. This is still an improvement over the situation with my own huskies; they're so spaz-tastic and skittery that I tend to trip on them even when I'm watching where I'm going.

Parked once again on the bottom floor of Pless. Well, to be more exact, I started off at one of the tables, so I could eat and read all at once, and that was nice, but I grabbed a leather chair when I was done. But anyway - since seating choices were not my point here - I watched as an older man and a lady who seemed to be his wife sort of trailed to a halt outside the building. I figured he was an alumnus by the lavender Oxford he wore, the purple sweatshirt he had tied around his waist, and the bookstore bag he swung at his side, and just a minute later I found out I was right. They came into the building and obviously explained to that nice guard who they were and what they needed, because he very loudly responded, "For alumni? Sure!" and pointed them in the direction of the restroom. So a) I love getting to see nostalgic old boys, even if they're not dressed in pylon orange and b) it's good to know that $28,000 a year at least gets you permanent bathroom privileges.

Found out that Professor Number Two knows CEDRIC! I mean, I guess I'm not surprised - in fact, I'm definitely not; it just hadn't entered my head. But maybe even better was the story he told about telling the Cedric story... to a class Cedric himself was in. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home