Wednesday, September 20, 2006

20 Sep 06

Time:

?

Money:

$1, diet Pepsi from Annie's Vegetable Market.
$5, breakfast for my "pets" - an excellent peanut-butter-strawberry protein bar and lemonade Vitamin Water - from the gym.
$10, fava bean hummus and mint-rose lemonade, The Hummus Place (duh.)
$4, chai latte, Broadway Starbucks.
$7, six outstanding chicken dumplings, The Dumpling Man.
$4, mocha at my Starbucks.

More interesting things:

Got an email from Professor Bravo - and it looks a lot more promising than I thought. Like, WAAAY more promising. He mentioned grants and databases and research (and "clerical tasks," but that's okay), so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Visited (with Anne) Professor Alpha. He is just so bad-ass that I can hardly stand it. For instance, when his phone gave a single abrupt ring, he a) responded to the fact that it cut off with a fairly loud "Shit!", b) told us what the message was about - it was Cablevision, being difficult, and c) offered a slightly quieter but still full-voiced "Fuck!" in answer to the cable guys. Seriously, I'm going to sign up for one of his classes and just, you know, fake being unaware that he would be the one teaching it. And to go along with this regression in personal integrity and uprightness, it would appear that I'm going to have to admit to a direct and causal relationship between the amount of cursing a professor does and how cool I think he or she is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home