Thursday, September 14, 2006

14 Sep 06

Time:

Too much, as far as walking around getting rained on.

Money:

$2.50, bottle of Frappuccino at the gym so I could take my antibiotics.
$6, yogurt-and-granola and pomegranate-blueberry juice (talk about antioxidants!) from Space Market (duh.)
$8, cold peanut noodles and tip at The Noodle Bar.
$3 (I think?), vanilla chai latte at Grey Dog.
$21, burger, fries, and tip at Rare.
$1.50, cupcake on the way home.

More interesting things:

Hit SEVERAL of the places on my things-to-eat list, and all were excellent. I'm going to have to try lunch at the Grey Dog one of these days.

Remembered that I neglected to mention the purple-haired lady yesterday. We all know the stereotype about BLUE-haired ladies, and the one in this case was old enough to fall into that category, but a) it was just a streak in what would have been her bangs if they hadn't been so curly, and b) it was definitely, purposefully purple. So I guess she doesn't need to go clothes shopping in order to follow the directions in the poem. (Although she might still need a red hat.)

Really enjoyed spending a little more time with my classmates today. I like them a lot, and I think it's going to be a good situation for all of us.

Sent Professor Number Two (in terms of class order during the week) a link to an Inside Higher Ed article on low-income kids and college, and, consequently, started the day off feeling real high-speed.

Slowed down a little with this spitty, rainy, too-warm-for-the-oilskin, too-wet-to-do-otherwise weather we're having. On the upside of that... well, it does make you really appreciate when you get to go back into a temperature- and humidity-controlled environment!

More interesting things I haven't done yet:

Continued my explorations of the area west of campus. (Which is reasonable, because they just started today.) There are a TON of cool spots over there, even if they no longer include the no-pigeon-feeding sign in Father Demo Park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home