Tuesday, July 03, 2007

29 June - 3 July 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

I'm a moron. Just wanted to put that out there before I start piecing together my personal history of the last few days. A big blogging moron. Okay? Let's begin.

Was supposed to go to the beach Friday, but we changed it because the weather was not going to be great - not rainy, but not particularly sunny and a little cool. But of course, I can't remember what I did instead.

Did in fact go to the beach on Saturday. I really did not feel overly interested in heaving myself out of bed, but I soldiered on down to Penn Station - and it turned out to be more than worth it. The waves were mostly high enough to be interesting for playing in and the sand was warm but not disgustingly hot as it often begins to feel within 47 seconds of planting oneself on a Florida beach. Furthermore, there was a bouncing topless woman building sand castles and inspiring us to grumble about the highly inattentive police-like people (who somehow looked around themselves carefully enough to determine that the paper bags near the people on whom they bestowed citations in fact contained beer but still managed to miss the show) and two Gators sitting across from me on the train ride back: dooo-do-doo-do-do!

Slept in ridiculously on Sunday, before attempting to catch up in the blogging department. It should be obvious what a thorough job I did.

Went to work on Monday, where things were pretty quiet because Professor Alpha was giving a workshop most of the day.

Went to work again today, where things were less quiet because Professor Number Four was giving a workshop most of the day and I was expected to go. It was great; I'm really starting to feel kind of attached to that masters group, and anyway, one of my favorite students thereof added to his participation in the question-and-answer period (thanks, Number Four - seriously, although at first that sentiment might have been expressed sarcastically!) with "Just one more question, Counselor" - particularly amusing since he actually happens to be one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home