Sunday, April 01, 2007

29 Mar 07

Time:

?

Money:

$5, some kind of muffin, I'm sure, lunch place.
$8, that new salad I'm doing, lunch place.
$8, that new salad I'm doing, but with bread this time since it was dinner, lunch place.

More interesting things:

Went to an informational meeting for this educational honor society thing, and enjoyed the whole thing less because it was about the society and more because a) when I walked in, the graduate advisor I like so much announced that I wasn't allowed, b) I sat with Roey and Marisa, who kept me laughing, c) I was able to tell the presenter about the space bar for slide changing, and d) after the admittedly pretty dreadful PowerPoint produced by the society was over, we sort of lazed up to where... oh, I'm gonna need a new name here: how about Professor Kappa, since that works on a couple of levels? anyway, we sort of lazed up to where Professor Kappa was standing so Marisa could ask her question about the population of doc students, but before we got as far as the enthusiastic encouragement that accompanied our kind-of suggestion to have a "SIG" for us, Professor Kappa took advantage of the fact that she knew two of us reasonably well and expressed her frustration with the show. Funny stuff, even though I don't quite think it was supposed to be, and I guess I don't mind forking over my 75 bucks.

Returned to the lunch place more out of a sense that neither of us was that hungry but needed to eat something, anyway, so we might as well hang with Marisa while we were at it. A good political conversation ensued, not that I had a whole lot to add.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home