Tuesday, August 28, 2007

12 Aug 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Met a Publix cashier who is from the only town in Connecticut I've spent much time in, and wouldn't have found it out without a phone call and a firefighter. I had just finished some fairly extensive shopping for my sister's graduation party (oh, that would be something from Friday, now wouldn't it) when my mom rang with the news that I needed to fetch a few other things. When I got back, a fireman jumped on line behind me, prompting me, as always, to ask whether he knew my cousin; somehow, this evolved into the cashier's explanation that "Where I'm from in Connecticut, the fire trucks wake me up all the time." The usual questions about where, particularly, ensued, and on a day when I had been kind of worried about the Connecticut person I know, I got a nice reminder to smile about things: thanks.

Refrained from punching my cousin, which was impressive since his response to my mom's announcement that my "boyfriend" (oy) has a beard involved him sidling over and whispering that I better make sure he keeps it neat if I didn't want a rash that would prevent me from wearing shorts: OY. But funny. (It's still a good thing he was holding the baby, though.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home