Wednesday, May 16, 2007

11 May 07

Time:

?

Money:

$2.50, charge associated with using one-half of my free plane tickets, JetBlue.
$224 (or so), charge associated with keeping the other half of my free plane tickets open, JetBlue.

More interesting things:

Answered a call from Professor Alpha as I sat rather sweatily in the hall waiting to watch one of my student-teachers. We talked about some stuff he needed to print, and then he sounded like he was about to ask an important question: "So, uhh, listen... do you REALLY want me to put this chair in your office [a kind description!]? I mean, you know..." and here I had to cut him off a little; he sounded kind of tortured, and I was cracking up. I explained that we really didn't care if he wanted to put it on the ROOF or something, that it had mainly been a prop for our speech, but then he cut me off and said that he actually did want to take it "to the country, it'll be USEful there," which I thought was a dignified job for a chair that might never even have gotten sat in. At any rate, the conversation progressed from there. He said he'd really enjoyed the party... and that it was generous of me to include myself in the "nosy" category I had described, causing me, obviously, to cackle away sheepishly. I TRIED to talk that one away, but it didn't work - and you know what? He was cackling away himself.

Spotted, on my way up West Fourth back to the office, Professor Bravo, who was on his cell phone and waved! Holy crap. I don't usually get a wave even when he's not involved with the phone, so that was one for the books for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home