Thursday, February 08, 2007

6 Feb 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Sat making a PDF upstairs - I know my desk is in one pleasantly social corner, but the secretary's area up there is, based on what I've recorded here, maybe even better in terms of constant activity - when Professor Number One came by. I greeted her enthusiastically, especially because I hadn't seen her in awhile, which I mentioned. She responded that when it's this cold she tries not to leave her apartment, and of course, I replied that I thought this was pretty funny - when it's this cold I HAVE to leave my apartment! She made a whole series of concerned tuts and clucks, concluding with, "Well, you know, you don't freeze... I have an extra room." Seriously - and as, again, I've noted before - I don't think I'll ever get the limits.

Left just in time to run into a crowd coming off the elevator, including Professors Number Four and Alpha, who herded me back in his direction with the comment that they were expecting me at their meeting. The sit-down itself was interesting mostly in the sense that it sort of added a little to the earlier illumination of all the program's processes, but the best part, really, was the nonchalant, everyday, business-like expectation that I would be included. I still do not know what exactly this attitude springs from - although I think the answer leans less toward the way I represented myself on paper a year ago and a lot more toward their confidence in their own ability to evaluate that representation! - but whatever it is, I'm grateful for it.

Spotted a yellow train. Since I was on a train myself and the unusual one was at least one track away and may, it seems to me now, have been visible only through the windows of a third car between us, I didn't get a great look, but I'll gladly take what I can get in the non-passenger subway sightings department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home