Saturday, February 03, 2007

3 Feb 07

Time:

?

Money:

?

More interesting things:

Did a little more nomadic studying, this time interrupted by the cold at DT/UT and, consequently, the Last King of Scotland, which was a great movie. I have to finish up tomorrow, even though I'd been planning to get done today, but... I have all day.

Decided that there are some things that somehow go together for me, despite their external differences. That feeling of hovering on the trailing edge of intoxication - not being incapacitated - is my favorite consequence of hanging at a bar, and it goes with the late afternoon, Weetzie Bat, The Arizona Kid (as I recall), Jacob Have I Loved, American Pastoral, Half Acre, Light as the Breeze, Someone Saved My Life Tonight, spending a little time by yourself but only after spending time with someone you really like, the pink catamaran dream, one sad ache in the middle of fields of the opposite, and people and situations with such an ache. That would explain a lot of the things I find myself walking into, but I don't think it describes me, at least not all the time; when it does apply, it's often because I'm on that oddly pleasant trailing edge I mentioned just now. (I happen not to be there now, although I did just drink some margaritas, which would probably account for my willingness to post such an abstract observation....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home